In light of the Prime Minister’s recent announcement, we have taken the decision to only attend customers sites for maintenance emergencies but will be operating an enhanced remote support service to accommodate the needs of our customers in these unprecedented times, assisting them with deploying cloud solutions and/or appropriate diverts and telephone system notifications to enable your staff to work from alternative locations as well as to keep your customers updated.
Orbex is committed to keeping the nation connected whilst keeping our people safe. In doing so, following the latest Government advice on social distancing, we are revising our policy in relation to contact with end customers.
From today (Tuesday 24 March 2020) we will be issuing the following guidance to our engineering field force:
• Engineers are asked to avoid close human contact with end customers where possible whilst ensuring customers have a working service (working voice, access control, NVR/DVR and internet at reasonable speed)
• Engineering work will first be done remotely to try to enable working service
If an engineer cannot get working service outside of the premises, they can enter if they feel it is safe and after asking two questions as previously communicated:
• Has anyone in the premises been diagnosed with COVID-19, has been asked to self-isolate, or has been travelling to a coronavirus high-risk area or country in the last 14 days?
• Is anyone in the premises suffering from flu-like symptoms?
• Given the recent changes in Health England guidelines, we have decided to change our engineer guidance from today:
If the answer to either of those questions is yes, the engineer will not enter the premises and the job will be furthered for reappointment four weeks later.
Click on the link below to find out how you can help overcome this situation
Click on the link below to find more information about latest updates.
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus. Click on the link below for more information.
Information on healthcare advice for employers and support for businesses.